IN THIS ARTICLE
- How can I set schedule for my review request?
- Can I send the review request to non-Shopify customers?
- Can I send review request to my old customers in Shopify?
- How can I send review request to just one customer?
- Can I import 1000+ reviews from Amazon?
- Why don't my imported review show up?
- How can I find "product handle"?
- Is there a maximum number of reviews that I can import?
- Can I import reviews from other review apps?
- What does Google review snippet look like?
- Can I import reviews in bulk?
- Which e-commerce can I import reviews from?
- Why aren't reviews fully imported when I import reviews from Amazon?
- Do I need a specific theme?
- Can I customize review display in online store?
- Does it affect the current widgets if I install and change to new theme?
- Why my video not show up in storefront?
- Why can't I upload videos on storefront?
- How can I add reviews on my home page?
- Due to Amazon policy, I can only import a maximum of 100 reviews. How do I display the full ratings of that product?
- How can I showcase photo/video of product reviews together?
- Can I change the language in the review widget?
- How can I remove duplicated review?
- Can I choose which reviews to display in my store?
- Can my customers edit the reviews after submission?
- Can I change the review date and reviewer's name
- Can I delete the reviews?
- Can I reply to the reviews?
- Can I sort the reviews by country?
- Can I export the reviews from the app?
Pricing and Plan
- Do I need to pay to use Appio Reviews app?
- How will I be charged if I upgrade/downgrade plans?
- Why I got charged twice ? Why I got charged during trial period? ...
Do I need to pay to use Appio Reviews app?
- No, You are completely free-of-charge when using our app until you reach your email request threshold. You are also have option to upgrade your Free plan to Premium plan / VIP plan to continue enjoying our app with no branding and more advanced features.
- Please follow this link here to get more details about Premium plan / VIP plan.
Do I have to install a specific theme in order to work with your Appio Reviews app?
- No, you can install any theme in the Shopify market. Our app will seemingly integrate our widgets with your theme without any issue.
- In case you have a theme from unknown source, if you experience the issue when using our app, please contact our Customer Support via email@example.com
Can I customize review display in online store?
- Yes, of course you can have plenty of options to play around with your review widgets such as text, color, size...
- To do so, just head to Display Reviews section
What does Google review snippet look like?
- Please follow this link here to find your answer
Does it affect the current widgets if I install and change to new theme?
- No, it does not. Our app will automatically detect the changes and smoothly integrate widgets to your new theme.
How can I set schedule for my review request?
- You can do it in 02 different ways: manual request and auto-request schedule.
- With manual request schedule you might download a CSV sample file and fill in your data including schedule that you want to send. Please go to Collect Reviews/Manual request section to do so.
- On the other hand, with auto-request you can set schedule by visiting to Collect Reviews/Auto Request section and start scheduling by entering your preferred timeline based on Fulfillment or Purchase events.
- Please click here to go to help desk page for 02 above-mentioned feature for more details .
Can I send the review request to non-Shopify customers?
- Yes, you can. In that case, you need to use Manual request feature in Appio Reviews.
Can I send review request to my old customers in Shopify?
- Yes, you can. You can use both Manual and Auto request feature to do so.
How can I send review request to just one customer?
- You need to go to Collect Reviews/Manual request to create a single request for one customer via CSV file upload.
I haven't received any notification when customers post new reviews
- This might happen when the checkbox in Settings/Notification named "Enable notifications when new reviews are submitted" is unchecked. Please make sure this checkbox is checked if you want to receive those notifications.
Why don't my imported review show up?
- In case you import reviews from files, you might want to check the format of data you fill in the CSV files. Entering the wrong format of data is the most likely reason leading to your imported review not show up.
- In case you import reviews from AliExpress and you make sure you paste the correct product URL, the reason should be you already import those reviews into Appio Reviews before so the app will exclude them to avoid review duplication.
How can I remove duplicated reviews?
- In case of import from files, we define duplicated reviews are the same reviews from same source with the same reviewer (email address). Our app will reject them from import to the database. Therefore, you don't need to remove by yourself.
- In case of import from AliExpress, each review will have unique "review_ID" and we always check if there are existing review_IDs in the database before importing them. That's why you also don't need to remove duplicated reviews as well.
How can I find "product handle"?
Go to a live product page on your store, product handle is the last part of product URL Example: https://yourstorename.myshopify.com/products/ t-shirtThe handle of this product is " t-shirt"
Can I import 1000+ reviews from Amazon?
An Amazon product may have thousands of ratings, of which a few hundred are reviews. However, Amazon only displays a maximum of 100 reviews out of these few hundred. Therefore, our app can only fetch a maximum of 100 reviews for each Amazon product. For instance, this product has 2,203 ratings, but only 554 reviews, so the application can only import 100 reviews.
In order to import desired reviews, you can import reviews multiple times with other URLs to increase the number of reviews of a product.
Or you can use the feature "Show reviews summary from Amazon" to overcome this restriction. The maximum imported review is still 100 but the rating will show the total number. Please read detailed instructions about this feature here >> Show reviews summary from Amazon
Is there a maximum number of reviews that I can import?
- If you are in Free Plan, your reviews import limit as followings:
|Maximum number of reviews can import per batch
To import up to 100 reviews per import (the highest number that Amazon allows) and up to 500 reviews per import from AliExpress/Walmart/eBay, you have to switch to the Premium Plan / VIP Plan.
Can I import reviews from other review apps?
- Surely, you can. We support import reviews from many other apps such as: Shopify, Loox, Judge.me, Stamped.io, Yotpo
Which e-commerce can I import reviews from?
- You can import reviews from Amazon, AliExpress, Walmart, and eBay.
- Detailed instructions can be found here.
Why aren't reviews fully imported when I import reviews from Amazon?
- According to Amazon, Ratings include all reviews, even those without content. However, when importing reviews from Amazon, we exclude those without content. As a result, the total number of reviews imported into our app may be less than the number of ratings on Amazon.
Can I choose which reviews to display in my store?
- Depending on your preference, you can choose any review to publish on your storefront by heading to Manage Reviews section and choose your review then click Publish
- Detailed instructions can be found here.
Can my customers edit the reviews after submission?
- No, they can't. Once they submit a review they cannot edit it. They only can submit another review.
- Alternatively, in that case they can ask you to edit on behalf of them.
Can I change the review date and reviewer's name?
- No, you can't. In order to ensure the transparency of the review according to Shopify's policy, the reviews should not be edited including review date and reviewer's name, however still having exception cases:
- Correcting grammatical errors and typos
- Updating review content requested by reviewers
Can I delete the reviews?
- Yes, you can. Please go to Manage Reviews section and choose your review to delete.
- Detailed instruction can be found here.
Can I reply to the reviews?
- Yes, you can. Please go to Manage Reviews section and choose your review to reply.
- Detailed instruction can be found here.
Can I export reviews?
Unfortunately, we currently do not offer a feature to export reviews directly from the app. However, if you wish to transfer your reviews to another Shopify store that has also installed our app, we have a seamless solution for you. Please refer to the relevant instructions in our documentation here.
If you require additional assistance or have any further questions, please feel free to contact our support team. We are here to assist you!
How will I be charged if I upgrade/downgrade plans?
- Please go to our Charging Terms and Conditions here
Why I got charged twice? Why I got charged during trial period?...
- First and foremost, please make sure that you read and understand Shopify's terms and condition related to app charges (linked to Shopify's article here).
- Secondly, please note that as app partners we do not and can not initiate charges. We only provide app offers and once approved by you, the merchant, on the Shopify's consent screen, it's passed onto Shopify billing systems, which would initiate charges based on what had been approved, according to above-mentioned terms and conditions. App partners don't have any control whatsoever of when or how much the charges are carried out for, and only receive a fraction of the total amount through a separate agreement with Shopify as app partners.
Having said that, if you encounter any billing related issues, we will try our best to support you with. Please provide us with evidence at your earliest convenience. This will allow us to investigate the underlying cause and liaise with Shopify to resolve it for you.
If you got charged during trial period, most likely it's because the trial had expired according to Shopify's calculation (which could be down to the seconds but not just days). If you see 2 charges on Shopify bill, it's most likely because you have upgraded / downgraded during the billing cycle, and received charge items for each of the subscriptions accordingly.
If I store my reviews' photos/videos in Dropbox, what is the correct URL format to use to put in CSV files (in case of using "Import from files" feature
- Step 1: please copy your Dropbox public link format as below:
- Step 2: replace "dl=0" with "raw=1":
- Use final URL to paste into CSV so you are good to go.
Why my video not show up on storefront?
- It is required to upgrade to Premium Plan / VIP Plan to have video displayed in storefront. If you are in Free Plan, you can still import videos but they will not show up in storefront until you upgrade to Premium Plan / VIP Plan.
Why can't I upload videos on storefront?
- When uploading videos on the storefront, the browser only permits uploading videos in .mp4 and .mov formats. You will not be able to upload videos in other formats such as .mpeg and .mpeg-4,...
Can I import reviews in bulk?
- You can import reviews for many products simultaneously by pasting the link into each product and then clicking Import one by one.
How can I add reviews on my home page?
- To use this feature, go to Manage Reviews, select the review you want to display, and click on "Tag as featured".
- You can learn more about this feature here
How can I showcase photo/video of product reviews together?
- Please go to Display Reviews -> Review widget -> Header -> check Show media list -> Save
- This feature is only available with Premium and VIP plans.
Due to Amazon policy, I can only import a maximum of 100 reviews. How do I display the full ratings of that product?
- Amazon limits the view to the first 100 reviews of the product, even if there are more reviews available. That's why our app can only import the first 100 reviews. With the feature "Show reviews summary from Amazon", you can show the full reviews summary from Amazon and overcome this restriction.
- Detailed instructions can be found here.
Can I change the language in the review widget?
- Yes, of course. You can change the language to French, German, Italian or customize the language you want.
- To do so, just head to Display Reviews > Review widget > Layout > Language.
Can I sort the reviews by country?
Manage reviews allows filtering by country so you can choose to only publish reviews of certain countries. Please go to Manage Reviews > More filters > Country > Select the country you want.